2013-05-11

Ouddorp and Zierikzee


It's been a long time, so many things have happened making me far too busy to write about it, and I kept a list of topics to write about, but as it got bigger and bigger it got me further away of writing anything. So I made up my mind, very tough decision, to just write about the now, and leave the rest behind for now.

So after searching for a house, going to Cape Verde on a volunteering mission to protect sea turtles, redecorating our new home, moving, getting pregnant, giving birth... we went for a ride in Zeeland like we used to do before - looking in a map for a town that sounds nice - I chose Ouddorp - and turning the GPS on. As usual we stop whenever we feel like it or deviate to where ever looks nice.

Ouddorp is very small but cosy and pretty - as I imagined due to the name: oud means old and dorp means village. It didn't disappoint.









It also has a lot of nice beaches! This was at the Ouddorp surfers' beach (view to the lighthouse):



After this two stops I set the GPS to interest point on the way home, but we stopped far before any of them when passing Zierikzee because I saw so many interesting towers from different types, so we decided to have a look - that took us the rest of the afternoon, but was worth it! Such a nice town!







The building with the tower in the main square reminded us of Tavira's city hall back in Portugal!








This is the new church, the old one was destroyed by a fire. Weird hum?





1 comment: