2014-04-21

Standing in line

If you have time while in The Netherlands, just try being distracted at any kind of line waiting to be served and for sure someone will take advantage to get quicker attention!

People here are really polite but not on regards to queueing, they will stand in line over anything but then always try to get ahead. Also if another cashier opens the last person in line is very likely to be the first to get there and they will not respect who was first or second on the old line... It's every man for himself, like any other country I know... :D

But if you try to say something they will either ignore you or get really offended for the acusation, it's a laughter... 

It's really funny - once I was queueing and a lady with a scarf on her head went ahead of me and a dutch lady that was near me making funny faces to my daughter just went nuts about the lady getting ahead (I didn't dare saying anything because I lack the correct words in Dutch for this kind of situation...) and I was kind of happy she did that. But on my way home I thought it's really ironic, because Dutch people do that often and I also think that it might have been driven by racism? I didn't know anymore whether to be happy or sad... :S

No comments:

Post a Comment